- Share your resolution with friends and family that can provide a support group. If you don't have access to a positive support system reach out to a life coach or counselor to work with you toward your goals.
- Write down your resolution and make it a visible reminder. The steps you will take to keep it. Have a simple plan. Talk to your support group about your resolution and your plan of action- it is vital for your success.
- Keep it simple with achieavable milestones. Separate big goals into a series of smaller achievable milestones. Once you achieve a set milestone, celebrate with your friend and family support group.
- After celebrating your milestone with your support group or therapist, it is important to reward yourself so that you can achieve your ultimate goal. For example, if you are working on how to decrease your weight, when you have loss 5 pounds buy a new piece of clothing to highlight your achievement.
- Make small changes. You have all year to achieve your milestones and goals. Remember you have 365 days available to celebrate your achievements all year long.